Welcome to Greenland

Greenland – The world's largest island, practically untouched by mankind, it's a place of majestic landscapes! You might not initially associate Greenland with the continent of Europe. But as an autonomous constituent country within the Kingdom of Denmark, Greenland, an immense land of extreme wilderness and a country that ice sheet covers approximately the 80%, promises a once in a life experience! Today, 88% of Greenland’s population are Inuit (predominantly Kalaallit) or mixed Danish and Inuit. The remaining 12% are of European descent, mainly Danish. The majority of the population in Greenland speaks both Greenlandic (mainly Kalaallisut) and Danish. Explore the indigenous Inuit culture and get some Tupilaqs and bone jewellery as souvenirs to your favorites back home! Visit Greenland and experience the “midnight sun”: The sun does not set from May 25th to July 25th, and it stays visible throughout the entire day and night

Cool Facts

Almost 80 percent of the land mass is covered by an ice cap and glaciers.

There are no roads or railway system that connect settlements to one another.

Every family has a boat or dog sledding to move around.

The country imports almost everything except for fish - Fishing is a major industry.

Greenland was actually quite green more than 2.5 million years ago.

Traditional food is heavily based on hunting

Activities – Highlights